- You can use any color to create a smokey eye look. Just make sure they are in the same color family…cool or warm tones.
- Use the right tools. Brushes are everything with a smokey eye. I recommend using a larger brush for your all over eye-shadow, then a medium lay-down for the lid, and a smaller tapered brush for the crease.
- Blend! Blend your shadows so that you can not see a distinct stop and start of one color to the next. The colors should gradually mix with one another.
- Do not use extreme colors opposite of each other on the color wheel. Most of the time, it will look too harsh.
- Do not pile on the mixture of colors with all one brush…it tends to look muddy.
- Do not forget to blend…This will differentiate you from looking like you know what you are doing to potentially looking like a raccoon.